Thursday, February 17, 2011

Walking Around Etsy

I think Etsy is an really good place to shop... mainly because you don't have to leave the house get in the car and travel miles to find what you want or need... ok so they don't sell grocery's but you can buy food here...  just not your everyday needs like milk, bread and sugar .....

But think of the gas you save by shopping online...and then when your item arrives you can almost guarantee it will be wrapped so well you wont want to open it until you have savored the delight of looking at it.

I think its good to shop locally .... and when I can I do...but I also think its a good to shop with fellow Etsy sellers...

This week I brought some paper supplies ... yes I could of got it from Staples but that meant cutting it to the size I wanted myself...yes I know height of laziness... can I justify this laziness.. yes I can I gave someone else my business ... not a huge store but a small seller trying to make a living...

StraightHome  is the place I shopped at and they where so helpful, and I would highly recommend them


 I think its the personal service you get that draws me to shop on Etsy...

I know its not face to face but to be honest sometimes... and I may just get slammed for this.... when I am dealing with a shop assistant...

I can just tell most are not enjoying what it is they are doing...its just a wage... it shows on their face..well I don't want to look at that when I'm trying to find what it is I'm looking for 

Three of my favorite Items at the moment .....


and 
I could do with both right now.... on my sofa ...and a good movie..and maybe some hot chocolate
 
 
Now that would all make me so much better
 
That's my walk about ..... for this Thursday 

Did you walk around Etsy today...well if you did why not link up with Sahara

♥ Rachel

7 comments:

April Starr said...

I love browsing around on Etsy - so many fun finds! :)

Sarah Knight said...

Lovely finds : )

julie said...

swoooooon!! I'll take a stroll with you, anytime!! xo julie

Laura said...

nice walk Rachel!!;^P...the blancket is lovely!!

Maxabella said...

I do so much of my gift shopping on etsy, I love it so. I think it's amazing that it took the internet to bring back warm, inviting service with a smile (and a flourish). x

Miss Snow said...

Isn't it funny? I find Etsy to generally be a more 'personal' and friendly shopping experience than going into most stores (face to face!) these days too... I have bought a lot from Etsy, and I don't think I have been disappointed yet! Lovely collection you have chosen xx

Unknown said...

lovely post and great finds, Rachel!