Friday, February 25, 2011

This week Im Grateful for : Children Growing Up



 You can spend all day with a child and not notice the changes....

I had not realized that Bop had grown up so much until we visited the eye doctor this week.

In the mist of her examination I giggled at something and her response to me was,

"Mommy this is important, stop messing about ... I have to get this correct so the doctor can get the correct lens for my glasses"

I guess that was me told.

She then went on to chose her glasses frames with the poise of a 12 year old. I did wonder where my 7 year old had gone.

In former years we have had temper tantrums .... total messing about..... and really bad behavior.

So this week I am So very very grateful for Bop growing up.

Her behavior was perfect and believe me when I say I have high standards where my children's behavior is concerned ...its high... I would not want me as a mother... I'm totally anal ...  and more so when we are out in public.

She did me proud and she was such a joy to be around.....

I am welcoming this change in her...... because its not been an easy 6 months with her..... as some of you will very well know .... her RADDY ways have about drove me crazy at times....


Are you grateful for anything this week
If so then link up with Maxabella ....... over at Maxabella Loves


And
 Mummy From the Heart's Reasons To Be Cheerful



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy From the Heart





Happy Weekend Everyone

♥ Rachel

10 comments:

MichelleTwinMum said...

Hi, Visiting from reasons to be cheerful. I have a 7 year old too but a boy, so he is still comepetely at the messing stage! lol

Mich x

Anonymous said...

That's so lovely. When we went through the getting glasses trip last year Mr 7 could hardly see the frames through his sobs. He was just devastated about the whole thing. I'm a wee bit envious you had such a positive experience.

Laura said...

you have to be proud of here!...I used to hate wearing glasses!!!!;^)

Beck said...

How lovely that you are celebrating your daughter, she sounds like a gorgeous girl. Hope the happy days continue xo

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Yes, they grow into young ladies quickly, my 3 girls are between 9 & 12. My 7y.o. son went to the eye doctor & was brilliant, but all my 4 love medical intervention. He's not ready for glasses, but when he does, oh boy, his dimples will be to die for.
Lovely to hear from a proud mummy, love Posie

Me said...

What a sweet post!

Cate said...

What a great observation - they do seem to grow up in leaps don't they?? I just bought snowbear a denim jacket and scarf (that I would like!) - she looks about 14 (very scary) :-)
have a great weekend
xxxCate

Maxabella said...

You should be so proud - taking responsibility for herself is a massive leap in the right direction. I can't believe she is only 7.

Where do our babies go!?! x

Anonymous said...

Daughters can become so sensible so quickly. Our son always says he had two mothers! (one being our sensible daughter!)

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely grateful. I'm so proud of my girls, but still spin out when they drive me places and pop home all grown up. They're still 7 and 9 in my mind. But the reality is 22 & 24! Where did it go? Hang tight and enjoy the moments. It sure flies right on by! xx